The safety of our operatives and colleagues is of paramount importance. So much so that at the heart of our company policy lies a promise to meet both the requirements of statutory authorities as well as our own strict
This comprehensive policy guarantees a commitment to the highest standard of safe systems for work. It also enforces management controls to protect everyone – from our own employees to third parties.
Every operative within our business is fully trained and informed of all potential hazards withinour working environment. We also employ a fully vetted external party to oversee our operatives, ensuring that the strictest standards and health and safety regulations are being met.
Fully trained & vetted supervisors
It is crucial that all operatives within our business are fully trained and informed of all hazards
within the NZ MEP Fabrications controlled working habitat.
We employ a highly reputable and trustworthy management company to oversee the operatives
and to ensure the strictest of NZ construction standards and H&S regulations are being met.
Health & safety work act 2015:
All NZ MEP Fabrications, we ensure that all our documentation is thorough and details all
aspects of our working environments.
We understand the importance of constantly monitoring changes in the Health & Safety at Work
regulations and all relevant company information is updated accordingly..
Duty of care in construction safety
Construction sites are considered to be one of the most hazardous working environments as
changes take place constantly. NZ MEP Fabrications is fully committed to its duty of care for site
visitors, employees, other colleagues and third parties. We provide effective site management
teams to carry out in-depth risk assessments which ensure the highest of NZ Health & Safety at
Work regulations are being met.
NZ MEP Fabrications company policy states that management controls are in place to protect:
- Third Parties
Health & safety at work act 2015 include:
- The provision of a safe and acceptable working environment. All places of work will have safe
and established access and egress points and provide clean, well-ventilated, well-lit and a
dequately heated places of work.
- The provision of suitable and sufficient training to all employees in all aspects of their work.
- The provision of suitably selected, well-maintained and safe work equipment and PPE
(personal protective equipment) for systems of work.
- Implementation of safe working practices and procedures in connection with the use, handling,
storage, transportation and disposal of articles and substances which may be hazardous to health.
- The provision of appropriate information, instruction, training, supervision and assessment for
all staff including new and existing employees to enable them to cope with the management of the
health and safety risks associated with their specific role.
- The provision of adequate and hygienic welfare facilities at all places of work.
- Adoption of safe systems of work for the planning and undertaking of all site work in such a
way so as not to endanger the health, safety or welfare of any employee, contractor or
- Adoption of policy review procedures with employee consultation to maintain and continually
develop the company safety culture.